Circle thecorrect word or phrase.
1.When we were in Canada,we went / were going skiing almost every dey.
2. About four years ago,i decided / was deciding to become a chef.
3.Georgia had / was having a shower when someone knoced at the door.
4.Holly and i ran from the house to the taxi because it rained / was raining heavily.
5. Two men argued / were arguing outside,so i went to see what was happening.
6.Danielk called / was called you at one o’clok yesterdey, but you were here with me.
7. We ate / were eathing breakfast when a letter came through the letter box.
8. As i walked past the window, i saw that Paula made / was makinhg cake.
9. I dreamt / was dreaming about my favourite band when the alarm cloc went off.
10. While i preactised / was practising the trumpet late last night, a neighbour came to complain.
Complete using the correct past simple or past continuous from of the verbs in the box. answer, be ,continue, get, go, have, open, practise, put, ring, say, shine, sing, wake
Amber’s Big Match
One morning, Amber 〈1〉 woke up early. Thw sun 〈2〉 shone and the birds 〈3〉 sany. Amber 〈4〉 was very excited because it was the day of the big tennis match. 〈5〉 Veent downstairs and into the kitchen , whereher father 〈6〉 Had breakfast. Morning, Amber. Todey»s the dey¡ he 〈7〉 said. Amber smiled nervously. Dont worry he 〈8〉 Continued. You’ll be fine.’ Amber〈9〉 Put some toast into the toaster and 〈10〉 opened the fridge. Just as she 〈11〉 was geting the butter out, the phone〈12〉 ring. Her father〈13〉 answered it. After a few minutes,he put the phone down. Bad news, i’m afraid . The other player〈14〉practised yesterdey when she had an accident. The match is off.’ Amber ate her toast slowly. She was surprised she did’t feel disappointed.